Friday, January 15, 2016

*In Honor of Dennis Hopper's "Easy Rider"- Roger McGuinn's "Ballad Of Easy Rider

Click on to the headline to link to a YouTube film clip of The Byrds performing Roger McGuinn's Ballad Of Easy Rider.

Markin comment:

Every once in a while a return to that search for the lost highway, at least in song, is in order

Roger McGuinn - Ballad Of Easy Rider Lyrics

The river flows
It flows to the sea
Wherever that river goes
That's where I want to be
Flow river flow
Let your waters wash down
Take me from this road
To some other town

All he wanted
Was to be free
And that's the way
It turned out to be
Flow river flow
Let your waters wash down
Take me from this road
To some other town

Flow river flow
Past the shaded tree
Go river, go
Go to the sea
Flow to the sea

The river flows
It flows to the sea
Wherever that river goes
That's where I want to be
Flow river flow
Let your waters wash down
Take me from this road
To some other town

1 comment:

  1. I recently heard an interview with Roger McGuinn. He talked about The Bells of Rhymney. Rhymney is pronounced Rimeny, or long i in the first syllable.

    Great stuff.

    I have at my blog a post that is challenging to your outlook, that you might want to comment on.

    ReplyDelete