Friday, July 28, 2017

From The Archives -The " A Dark Corner Of Camelot, Indeed- Secrets Of The Kennedy Administration And Cuba Stay Under Lock And Key- A News Story

Click on the headline to link to a Sunday Boston Globe, dated January 23, 2010, article concerning revelations about the Kennedy brothers (Jack and Bobby)and their machinations against the Castro regime in the early 1960s.

Markin comment:

Every time I get just the slightest bit misty-eyed over my youthful infatuation with the Kennedy brothers, John, in my didn’t know any better liberal days and later, in my conscious left-liberal days, Robert, something comes up to jolt me back to reality. And make me glad, glad as hell, that I broke with those kinds of politics long ago. This Boston Globe article concerning the machinations, conscious, imperialist machinations, by the brothers on the question of overthrowing the Castro regime in Cuba is the most recent jolt. I have mentioned previously that Cuba, and especially the defense of the Cuban revolution around the events of the Bay of Pigs invasion, represented something of an exception to my Kennedy admiration, and my liberal politics. And just to make sure that no one can accuse me of being misty-eyed today let me say this. The defense of the Cuban revolution starts with the defense of the Cuban Five. Defend The Cuban revolution! End the embargoes now! There I am well again.

No comments:

Post a Comment