Sunday, January 19, 2014

Birthday and holiday thanks from Chelsea Manning

Pentagon Papers whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg wishing Chelsea Manning a happy birthday! View more supporter Happy Birthday photos here.
Pentagon Papers whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg wishing Chelsea Manning a happy birthday! View more supporter Happy Birthday photos here.
By the Private Manning Support Network. January 10, 2014.
In a recent letter, Chelsea Manning thanks supporters for all the birthday and holiday best wishes she has received, and she apologies for not being able to respond to them all directly:
I just wanted to share my gratitude for all of those who have been so generous to me by sending your well wishes for my birthday and the holidays. I really wish I had the resources and the time to respond to each and every one of you. Sadly, the best I can possibly offer at this time is to offer you my warm appreciation through this statement…. It’s very encouraging to get all of this support from so many people. 
With gratitude, Chelsea E. Manning.
The complete letter is attached below, and it includes a request to make sure letters written to her are addressed properly to avoid causing issues at the prison:

Chelsea’s birthday was on December 17. She turned 26. It was her fourth birthday in prison. Big thanks to all the supporters who wrote her then, and over the holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment