Saturday, February 06, 2016

The Latest From The Rag Blog-The Voice Of The Faded 1960s -FILM | Robert Bly: Tribute to a radical poet

| 3 Comments

Shepherd Bliss :
FILM | Robert Bly: Tribute to a radical poet

Robert Bly has made a big difference in the lives of many, bringing a contentious, creative presence into his prophetic work.

Robert Bly film
Poster for Haydn Reiss’ film about the radical poet, Robert Bly.
By Shepherd Bliss | The Rag Blog | January 6, 2016
Poet Robert Bly, now 89 years old, is a radical, by which I mean he returns to the roots. Haydn Reiss has captured him in his new, moving film “Robert Bly: A Thousand Years of Joy.”
Watching the film was a trip down my memory’s lane, dating back to meeting the National Book Award-winning poet in the sixties. I was in boot camp training at Ft. Riley, Kansas, home of the Army’s First Division, the Big Red One. I intended to follow our family tradition, which gave our name to Ft. Bliss, Texas. I was on my way to the American War on Vietnam.
Continue reading
Posted in Rag Bloggers | Tagged , , , , , , |

No comments:

Post a Comment