Saturday, December 24, 2016

Demand clemency for Leonard Peltier


Dear friends
We invite you to sign this petition in support of Leonard Peltier, wrongly jailed for 40 years. Please circulate to your networks.
Many thanks
PAYDAY
"It should be remembered that Standing Rock was the site of the 1974 conference of the International Indigenous Movement that spread throughout the Americas and beyond, the starting point for the United Nations Declaration of the Rights of Indigenous Peoples [UNDRIP]... I call on all my supporters and allies to join the struggle at Standing Rock in the spirit of peaceful spiritual resistance and to work together to protect Unci Maka, Grandmother Earth. I also call upon my supporters and all people who share this Earth to join together to insist that the US  complies with and honors the provisions of international law, as expressed in the UNDRIP, International Human Rights Treaties and the long-neglected Treaties and trust agreements with the Sioux Nation." 
Leonard Peltier, from a 
solidarity statementwith the Standing Rock resistance to the Dakota Access pipeline.
For more info, contact the International Leonard Peltier Defense Committee:http://www.whoisleonardpeltier.info/




peltier 1.jpg
template image


Don�t let my father die in prison

peltier 4.jpg
SHARE THIS ACTION
peltier 5.jpgpeltier 6.jpg

My name is Kathy Peltier and I am the daughter of imprisoned Native American rights activist Leonard Peltier.
In 1975, during a confrontation with members of the American Indian Movement, two FBI agents were shot dead. My father was convicted of their murders, but has always denied killing the agents.

Judges and legal experts agree that his trial was unfair. He's been in prison over 40 years - my entire life.
Now his health is failing. My worst fear is that my father will die in prison and I won't have any real time with him.
Help bring my father home: Tell President Obama to grant Leonard Peltier clemency.

Even behind bars, my father is an inspiration. His name is synonymous with the struggle for Native rights, and he recently issued a statement in solidarity with everyone standing together at the Camp of the Sacred Stones at Standing Rock:

"It is an honor to have been alive to see this happen with you young people. You are nothing but awesome in my eyes." 

Many people have called for him to be granted leniency and freedom, but he remains in prison. That's why Amnesty International USA has included his case in its Write for Rights letter-writing marathon.
Join Write for Rights and add your name to this urgent petition: Free Leonard Peltier.

The Federal Bureau of Prisons says it won't take care of my father until his condition - he has an abdominal aortic aneurysm - gets even worse. But I'm afraid it will be too late.

It would mean everything to me if my father could spend a little of his life with me.
Urge President Obama to grant clemency to my father, Leonard Peltier, so that he can live out the rest of his days with his family.

On behalf of my father and my brother, and for all the people you help through your kindness and your activism, thank you.

In solidarity,
Kathy Peltier
peltier 4.jpgpeltier 7.jpg
peltier 8.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment