Friday, July 12, 2019

From The ALH Archives -Stop The Gun Violence-Nothing More Needs To Be Said



From The ALH Archives -Stop The Gun Violence-Nothing More Needs To Be Said

By Fritz Taylor


I know exactly why Greg Green gave me this archival caption assignment. I am maybe the only one on staff here, I am not sure of Sam Lowell, who agrees with the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision on an individual’s Second Amendment right to bear arms. Having grown up in then rural Fulton County down in Georgia where guns, learning to shoot are a way of life and then having served in the military I am very familiar with weapons.  Like to go to the firing range and see what my latest abilities are. No subtle or sweet reason argument here although I have been known after a couple of hard liquor drinks and egged on by say Will Bradley or Seth Garth, maybe even Sarah Le Moyne to state that I want the right to bear arms because I don’t want the cops, the crazies, the criminals and the cranks to be the only ones with fire power.        

I do not like the NRA, have never joined despite constant mail giving me a million chances to join that organization and defense my rights big time. See that is where I draw some very big lines on this gun question. This gun madness question of late. It is a very, very long distance from exercising my right to bear arms essentially defensively against cops, crazies, cranks and criminal or whatever attempts to harm me and mine and opposing every attempt to limit access by crazies and criminals to weapons. A very long way from an occasional admittedly male-hunter warrior drive to some secluded firing range to burst off a few rounds and not have safe-guards against the very real dangerous people in the world who should not be allowed access to endless weapons depots. Yeah, call me a liberal, call me a bleeding heart, but we have got to protect our kids, grandkids, and somebody else’s too by dropping the violence index which is sky high right now.           


No comments:

Post a Comment