Sunday, September 30, 2018

Lockheed Martin: Yemen war good for profits!

Global Network<globalnet@mindspring.com>
To  Global Network  
 
CODEPINK.ORG
Marillyn Hewson
Dear Bruce Gagnon,
Let me introduce myself: I am Marillyn, the proud CEO of weapons manufacturer Lockheed Martin. I am writing because my livelihood of $25 million per year is now at risk. Today, Congressmembers Ro Khanna, Adam Smith, and Mark Pocan introduced a bill in the House; the War Powers Resolution to End U.S. Military Involvement in Yemen. If passed, this would prevent my company from selling weapons to our dear allies, the Saudis. It is not only unfair, but it’s also outright unAmerican!
CODEPINK, along with Reps. Ro Khanna, Smith, Pocan, McGovern, and others, says that just because Saudi Arabia dropped a Lockheed bomb on a Yemeni school bus, killing 44 young children, the U.S. should stop arms sales. I say this is ridiculous. Who said war was a picnic? Believe me, I feel sorry for these kids, but I have my own children to worry about — private schools, trust funds, upkeep on our Virginia mansion. You know, the basics.
My friends at Boeing, Raytheon, Northrop Grumman, General Dynamics, and I will be unfairly persecuted by the War Powers Resolution. American jobs and record profits are far more important than the lives of children in far-off Yemen, most of whom are militants who hate us. That’s why I’m appealing to you: DO NOT CLICK on this link from CODEPINK asking Congress to stop weapons sales to Saudi Arabia.
CODEPINK says that because I am a woman and a mother, I should care about the lives of women and children in Yemen. But I didn’t become the CEO of the world’s largest weapons company by being a wuss. The world is a dangerous place, and for the sake of my company’s bottom line, we aim to keep it that way.
Keeping our homeland (and my home) secure,
Marillyn Hewson, CEO of Lockheed Martin
Donate Now!
This email was sent to globalnet@mindspring.com.
To stop receiving emails, click here.
To update your email subscription, contact info@codepink.org.

© Copyright 2018 | www.codepink.org
Created with NationBuilder

No comments:

Post a Comment