Click on title to link to Albert Glotzer's Internet Archives for a 1945 article for the break-away Workers Party on James P. Cannon, a name that should be familiar to readers of this blog. I have touted the abilities of ex-Wobblie, ex- American Communist Party leader and founding Trotskyist Socialist Workers Party leader (along with Glotzer under the party name Albert Gates) Cannon. Glotzer provides a very different view. Compare, but also read Glotzer's obituary also posted on this date to see the curve of his political trajectory. It was not pretty.
Saturday, August 11, 2007
- Name: Markin
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
I am a political man, an unrepentant left-wing working class political man, a fate that reflects my being raised among the working poor in “the projects" around Boston in the 1950s. To that end I have spent my political life propagandizing for and agitating for, mainly “on the streets” rather than in the halls of government, a variety of causes from the fight against the death penalty to the struggle against war. During that long career I have learned a few things about politics and the struggle for a “newer world” that, thanks to the blogosphere, I wish that those who follow me in the struggle might benefit from, or at least mull over. As to personal biographic information I have had the standard successes and failures in education, livelihood, marriages, children and the like as the reader of this profile. I will admit to liking to play golf for recreation, although I like many another golfer will have to put those efforts under the failure column just mentioned.
- THE MALE LIBERAL POLITICAL BLOGOSPHERE?
- *ANOTHER SOCIAL DEMOCRATIC LOOK AT LEON TROTSKY-Al...
- WHERE DID THOSE AK-47'S GO?
- ON THE QUESTION OF MULTICULTURALISM-AMERICAN STYLE...
- THE BRITISH ARMY FURLS THE UNION JACK IN NORTHERN ...
- *Reinstate Professor Ward Churchill- A Guest Comme...
- *Michael Moore's "Sicko"- A Guest Commentary
- MORNING IN AMERICA-MORNING LINE, THAT IS
- *A Liberal's View Of Leon Trotsky-Professor Carmic...
- GEORGE'S TRILLION DOLLAR FOLLY