Saturday, September 05, 2009

*Labor's Untold Story- The Lessons Of The United Electrical Workers Strikes In The 1930's

Click on title to link to Wikipedia's entry for some information on the United Electrical Workers union (UE)in the 1930s when it formed a core of the Congress Of Industrial Unions (CIO). I am not happy with the entry but I will, as noted below, expand on this one in the future. Enough to say that the Republic window workers who had a sit-in at their factory in Chicago last winter were organized by UE.

Every Month Is Labor History Month


This Commentary is part of a series under the following general title: Labor’s Untold Story- Reclaiming Our Labor History In Order To Fight Another Day-And Win!

As a first run through, and in some cases until I can get enough other sources in order to make a decent presentation, I will start with short entries on each topic that I will eventually go into greater detail about. Or, better yet, take my suggested topic and run with it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment