Tuesday, October 07, 2014


Another “Classic” Rocker Passes- Paul Revere of Paul Revere and the Raiders   





Frank Jackman comment:

Although I am intensely interested in the fate, the whereabouts, and, unfortunately, in too many cases the demise of the many rock and roll singers and group members from my coming of age, coming of musical age say from the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s, the age of jailbreak rock and roll I was never much of a fan of Paul Revere and the Raiders. What perked my attention though was the way Paul Revere’s passing was packaged in the media. Packaged as another classic rock and roller who has passed on. That “classic” designation cut me to the quick making me realize that I have to become rather long in the tooth. But such is fate. Adieu Paul Revere and sympathy to all who claimed fandom with him.    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment