Sunday, October 23, 2016

*Early Texas Blues All Wrapped Up In One Package-The Blues Of Johnny Temple

Click On Title To Link To YouTube's Film Clip Of Johnny Temple Performing "The Evil Devil Blues".

CD Review

Texas Blues: Early Blues Masters From The Lone Star State: 4CD Set, Various artists, JSP records, London, 2004




Eric Clapton Me and the Devil Blues Lyrics:


By Robert Johnson



Early this mornin', when you knocked upon my door
Early this mornin', ooh, when you knocked upon my door
And I said, "hello, satan, I believe it's time to go"

Me and the devil, was walkin' side by side
Me and the devil, ooh, was walkin' side by side
[ Find more Lyrics on www.mp3lyrics.org/RAF ]
I'm goin' to beat my woman, until I get satisfied

She say you don't see why, that I will dog her 'round
[Spoken:] Now, baby, you know you ain't doin' me right, now
She say you don't see why, ooh, that I will dog her 'round
It must-a be that old evil spirit, so deep down in the ground

You may bury my body, down by the highway side

[Spoken:] Baby, I don't care where you bury my body when I'm dead and gone
You may bury my body, ooh, down by the highway side
So my old evil spirit, can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Lyrics: Me and the Devil Blues, Eric Clapton [end]

No comments:

Post a Comment