Friday, February 05, 2010

*The Latest From The Abraham Lincoln Brigade Website- A 74th Reunion Meeting Coming Up In May

Click on the title to link to the "Abraham Lincoln Brigade" Website.

Markin comment:

Every once in a while I go through the list of sites that I have links to on my profile page. I happened to click onto the Abraham Lincoln Brigade site while looking for something on the American poet Langston Hughes whom I have posted several entries on today. On their homepage I noted that there is to be a 74th Anniversary reunion meeting held in May (the International Brigades, including the Lincolns, entered the Spanish Civil War in early fall of 1936). As those who follow this blog may know I have railed against these odd-ball year celebrations on previous occasions. No so here. Those "premature anti-fascists" who fought and died in Spain are kindred spirits and should be honored every year and in every way. Not the least of which should be by our producing some victories in the struggle for our communist future. Hats off to the Lincolns!

Note: I do have a little question of who of the Lincolns would still be around to celebrate. The recruiting process done by the Communist Party for reliable politically Stalinist fighters would have required those who went to Spain to be in their twenties, I assume. Thus, any participant would have to be somewhere in their mid-90s. Is that right? And who is left? A big hats off to them, whoever they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment