Wednesday, December 10, 2014


Free Chelsea Manning-President Obama Pardon Chelsea Now!  
 
A message from Chelsea on #GivingTuesday
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
Chelsea Manning Support Network

Help us continue to cover 100% of Chelsea's legal fees!
> > > Please donate today! < < <


A message from Chelsea Manning
#GivingTuesday

From Chelsea ManningChelsea E. Manning
89289
1300 North Warehouse Road
Fort Leavenworth, Kansas 66027-2304
November 29, 2014
First, I would like to thank you very much for your extraordinary contribution throughout my court-martial last year. Without your commitment, the truth might not have been nearly as visible to the public and many of the big issues that are touched on in my case would have gone unnoticed.
But now, in preparing for my appeal, I have worked with the Chelsea Manning Support Network to hire two great appellate attorneys, Nancy Hollander and Vincent Ward of the law firm Freedman Boyd Hollander Goldberg Urias and Ward.
Both Ms. Hollander and Mr. Ward have achieved some remarkable successes in complicated and high profile civil and criminal cases in the past, and have fought to protect our Constitution, civil liberties and social justice through their work at Guantanamo Bay, the Gulf Coast oil spill, and so many more cases. They have already begun the painstaking task of poring through the tens of thousands of pages produced at trial, and researching every possible angle of the case. Fortunately, they have already identified some major issues that provide a realistic chance of overturning convictions based on the “Espionage Act” and “Computer Fraud and Abuse Act” that could significantly reduce the sentence. However, I still need your contribution again to continue to fund their efforts at this critical stage in the case.
My case touches on so many important issues that affect most—if not all—Americans.
I hope that you can continue contributing to my fight for Justice. The actions that lead up to my trial were motivated by my conscience and concern for the public interest. But, there are still many things that I hope I can accomplish after my release from confinement---including advocacy for transparency in government, military, and civil life, and lobbying to ensure that reforms are made, and enforced.
I encourage you to write to me, and I am looking forward to reading your thought, opinions, and unique feedback. I hope that we can continue to fight together to curb the government’s overreach and change the course of history, for the better!
Chelsea E. Manning

Help us continue to cover 100% of Chelsea's legal fees!
> > > Please donate today! < < <


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment