Monday, July 09, 2018

The 50th Anniversary Of The Summer Of Love-And Of The Beatles "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club" Album (2017)

The 50th Anniversary Of The Summer Of Love-And Of The Beatles "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club" Album (2017)   

Zack James comment;

Frankly although I was only a young very young teenager at the time I was not as enamored of this album as my older brothers and sisters were who were knee deep into the drug, sex and counter-cultural revolutions (which drove my conservative parents crazy) which I only knew about in passing. 50 years later I have the same impression-this album like the Stones' effort of the same time period Their Satanic Majesties have not to my ear aged well. (You do not see a single song from that album on any recent Stones' concert playlists.) Whereas let's say the almost unique It's A Beautiful Day album or some of the Jefferson Airplane albums like After Bathing At Baxter's seem still pretty fresh and representative of that sweet world time.  










No comments:

Post a Comment