Sunday, December 30, 2018

As The Year Of The 100th Anniversary Of The Armistice Which Ended World War I Is At Hand- Some Artists Who Served And Survived To Create “Modern” Art


As The Year Of The 100th Anniversary Of The Armistice Which Ended World War I Is At Hand- Some Artists Who Served And Survived To Create “Modern” Art-Jean Arp




Comment by Ronan Saint James

I was not centrally involved in the now four year commemoration of the horrors of World War One but I was struck by the number of artists who served in some capacity in the militaries of their respective countries and after surviving the onslaught produced some very provocative works which to my mind have to have been a reflection of the destructiveness of that war to civilization and their psyches. What do you think?  



No comments:

Post a Comment